Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 30 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,500 international staff and employs 9,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
With immediate effect our Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) department is looking for an
Application Technical Lead (100%)
(Based in Amsterdam)
Reports to the Projects and Applications Manager
- Analyses and interprets complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identifies and understands integration and system dependencies between multiple technical components, and develops solutions;
- Works with IT Project Manager to estimate solution designs, code development and unit testing, provides status and escalates technical issues. Ensures designs are consistent with enterprise patterns and standards;
- Owns the system development lifecycle and leads SDLC projects including developing requirements, selecting software, developing schedules and project communications;
- Provides technical leadership, oversight and coaching to development resources on projects to resolve technical questions or approach issues to ensure successful project delivery;
- Reviews all development deliverables including code, technical specifications, unit test results, unit test plan, functional requirements, etc;
- Advises and guides project stakeholders regarding the technical requirements for business application selection.
- At least 3 year experience as application technical lead in large (300+) organisations;
- At least 5 year experience in a relevant professional context;
- Experience around Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Dell Boomi integration platform is a plus;
- A Higher Vocational Training/Bachelor degree or higher
- Strong knowledge of IT service organizations;
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating in IT projects and change processes;
- Pro-active style of working;
- Patient but strong personality, able to resolve conflicts of interests;
- Able to deliver in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Fluency in English is required, good written and oral communication skills.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A contract for one year with a renewal option (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours/week);
- A gross monthly salary between 3167 and 4522 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment;
- Other benefits include 30 holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium-free pension plan.
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Mrs Sarah Bellamy, Projects and Applications Manager on tel. +31 (0)20 840 8545.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply Now’ button on our website. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is Sunday 26 November 2017.