Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 30 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,500 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
With immediate effect our ICT department is looking for a
IT Project Manager
Based in Amsterdam
You will work in a core team of 15 IT and IS specialists that focus on business/IT alignment, project delivery and supplier management. The IT department in our Amsterdam office is managing a portfolio of around 10 different IT projects. These vary from IT infrastructure investments to the implementation of new information systems. We are looking for an experienced project manager who can help us deliver these projects. You will be positioned in the IT department in Amsterdam and report to the Project and Application Manager.
- Supports stakeholders (Heads of Departments, Directors) in the prioritization process within the portfolio;
- Monitors all projects within your portfolio with regard to progress, scope, risks, hours and provides regular (monthly) reports on these aspects;
- Monitors the overall portfolio costs and budget;
- Aligns with the project sponsor to set up the initial project plans;
- Gives guidance to projects (operational management) according to MSF best practices, regarding project stages, decision documents, work and product breakdown, planning and monitoring;
- Reports to and aligns with the project steering committee and project sponsor;
- Coordinates sourcing projects (RfI, RfP, contracting and transition).
- Provides support in setting up contracts with external IT delivery partners;
- Ensures coherence and good cooperation within the project team.
- At least 3 year experience in managing IT projects in large (300+) organisations;
- At least 5 year experience in a relevant professional context;
- Good understanding of IT service organizations;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing IT projects and change processes
- An ability to prioritize and execute many tasks in parallel. An excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce clear and concise written documents
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Patient but strong personality, able to resolve conflicts of interests;
- Able to deliver in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Fluency in English is required, good written and oral communication skills.
- A Higher Vocational Training/Bachelor degree or higher.
- An exciting opportunity to combine your project management skills with humanitarian activities for one year, 40 hours per week, with the option for renewal.
- Be part of an inspiring, multicultural and dynamic organisation.
- Based on 40 hours a week, the maximum gross monthly salary is 4,522. Final waging depends your relevant professional work experience for this position
- Other benefits include 30 holidays and a premium-free pension plan
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Sarah Bellamy, Project and Application Manager +31-(0)20 840 8545.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
The closing date for application is Friday 3 November 2017. We will be reviewing applications as they come in. The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of applications.