Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 200 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
We are urgently looking for a:
UniField IT Support Officer (100%)
Based in Amsterdam, but with regular travel abroad
The operational centres at Médecins Sans Frontières have engaged in a joint project to replace their existing field supply and finance systems with an integrated solution called UniField. The software is now ready for deployment, and OCA plans to carry out a full pilot deployment in Bangladesh in summer 2015 and begin rollout from Q4 2015 to all OCA missions.
The software will be supported by a centralized support team, but OCA has identified the need for additional resource within OCA HQ to support the rollout of the new system and local field ICT maintenance and management. This position will be based within the ICT Department, and managed by the Head of ICT, but it is a dedicated UniField project resource and will therefore also report to the UniField Project Manager in terms of supporting the system deployment and ongoing management.
Responsibilities will include: analysis of missions preparedness for the new system (in terms of internet connectivity, infrastructure, equipment and processes in place) in line with the OCA ICT Health-check approach; working with the UniField project team to test and review existing and ongoing software non-functional requirements; preparing appropriate desktop build and system install; supporting missions before, during and after rollout in terms of system integration into existing ICT infrastructure; training ICT Field Officers in the standard processes required to maintain the system locally (installing patches, backup and basic troubleshooting).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Represent OCA ICT requirements and standard processes in inter-sectional UniField groups
- Support the deployment of UniField as a pilot, by ensuring system is installed as required, and support demands are met (as appropriate, within agreed SLA)
- Support the ongoing deployment of UniField across all (required) OCA missions
- Undertake pre-deployment analysis of mission readiness for the system, and planning and supporting any required upgrades or changes
- Support the training and user education of Field ICT staff of the new UniField system
- At least 3 years of experience of delivering IT support desk services
- At least 2 years involvement in large IS projects in international organizations
- Getting things done mentality, persistent, persuasive and convincing
- Strong team-working skills and experience, particularly in a matrix management environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You must be willing to travel and spend time at our projects in the field
- Fluent in English, written and speech
- Excellent communication skills, oral as well as written
- Ability to transfer knowledge effectively and train users on new systems
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Previous experience in deploying ERP systems, supply chain management or financial management software is an advantage
- Previous experience of working in an NGO humanitarian organisation is also an advantage
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- Opportunity to travel and experience the dynamics of a globally operating, leading humanitarian healthcare organization
- A fixed term contract for 2 years
- A gross monthly salary between 2,619 and 3,742 depending on professional experience (based on 40 hours/week)
- 30 holidays per annum (based on 40 hours/week)
- Premium-free pension
Information & Application
For more information about this position, please contact the Office HR team on +31-(0)20-520 8700 or Amsterdam.OFFICEJOBS@amsterdam.msf.org.
If you recognize yourself in the profile, please click here to apply directly via our website.
The closing date for application is 2 August 2015.