The Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre is the expertise centre of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent in the field of climate change and climate disasters. The Climate Centres mission is to help the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and its partners reduce the impacts of climate change and extreme-weather events on vulnerable people.
The Climate Centre consists of an enthusiastic small team that guides a growing network of colleagues from all over the world in integrating climate risks into their work. The Climate Centre works closely with the Netherlands Red Cross and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in Geneva.
Due to a vacancy at the Climate Centre, we are immediately looking for an:
Experienced Grant Management Officer
?Position within the company:
The Grant Management Officer is part of the core team of the Climate Centre and reports to the Climate Centres Senior Finance Manager. Preferably the candidate would be working from the Climate Centre office in The Hague (NL).
Envisaged start date 1 August 2019.
The Grant Management Officer is responsible for coordinating and managing the administration of donor agreements with international institutions. He/she is an important pivot in our often hectic office (with a small team in NL and a number of employees abroad). Substantive knowledge of the Climate Centres working field is an advantage, but affinity with the mission and ways of working of the Climate Centre is important to be able to properly fulfill this role.
We are therefore looking for an accurate colleague with an eye for legal detail, who will play an important role in communicating with our donors and ensuring streamlined reporting.
- Collaborate with Program managers, Project leads and the Finance team on grant approval, contracting and expense tracking in compliance with internal processes and procedures and grant guidelines dictated by the funding entity.
- Project administration and preparation for audits: ensure accurate and timely project administration.
- Project monitoring: Develop and deliver high quality donor reporting.
- Draft grant applications, agreements and financing proposals and support budget negotiations.
- Support and aid in the Climate Centre invoicing & reimbursement process.
- Develop, maintain and improve systems and procedures for systematic grant management.
- Keeps an eye out for new funding opportunities.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Business, Management, International Business, Law or related field.
- Minimum of two years of related experience in grant management, contracting and financing, international donor relations, project controlling, or similar fields within an international environment.
- Experience with different donor institutions and understanding of grant compliance regulations and due diligence.
- General knowledge of accounting and controlling.
- Proven quantitative and analytic skills to review and co-develop and monitor grant agreements and budgets.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills, including planning and prioritizing of job duties.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English, knowledge of other languages welcome.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Able to work with a diverse group of individuals and virtual environment in a professional manner.
- Able to build and maintain positive, effective relationships with colleagues and donors.
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to deliver excellent service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- High degree of independence with a proactive attitude and accuracy.
- Able to perform under pressure/high stress resistance.
- Hands-on, team player, initiator, decisive, entrepreneurial.
A flexible and people-oriented working environment with room for initiative and development. A full time (40hours per week) salary starting at 3648.68 gross per month (scale 10 of the Climate Centre salary scales) depending on education and work experience. All additional benefits are as per the Collective Labor Agreement of the Netherlands Red Cross.
How to apply:
We would like to receive your application (in English) addressed to Marije Taat, HR officer at the Climate Centre at before 4 July 2019 at https://werkenbij.rodekruis.nl/nl/Vacancy/Postulate/135674.
Interviews will be held in the week of 8 and 15 July.
For further information about the position, please contact Marije Taat, HR officer at the Climate Centre at HR@climatecentre.org or 070-4455886.
An assessment and reference check can be part of the selection process.
For more information about the work of the Red Cross Climate Centre, visit www.climatecentre.org and www.redcross.nl.
LinkedIn: Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre
Acquisition as result of this vacancy is not appreciated