Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 350 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
The Human Resources Management (HRM) department in MSF-Holland consists of approximately 70 people working in the units HR4U, Office HR, Recruitment, Pool Management, HR Excellence, Psychosocial Care and Specialists & Field Support.
With immediate effect our HRM department is looking for a
HR Insurance and Leave specialist (100%)
Based in Amsterdam
As the HR Insurance and Leave specialist, you will report to the Coordinator HR4U and you will be part of the HR4U Team.
- MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice (Chantilly) an association;
- Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and commitment and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF;
- Supports all insurance related enquiries regarding travel and health insurance for Field Staff and Office staff travelling to the field;
- Checks the monthly enrollment (via the integration with Dynamics 365-from a later stage) to ensure all Field employees have an adequate insurance coverage;
- Ensures that all Office staff travelling to the field are covered by BTA insurance and informed thereof;
- Supports the Medevac/International SOS issues in coordination with the Coordinator HR4U;
- Monitors the Hauteville lists for Disability Allowance and works closely with the Staff Health Advisor on specific cases;
- Identifies and analyses changes in the insurance policies and processes for the various insurance products, liaising with the external providers, maintains and updates the Insurance FAQ;
- Checks the invoices for the annual premium payments with MSH, the Medical bills for the Medevac with International SOS and other insurance related costs;
- Contributes to international working groups for insurance related subjects working closely with the other OC’s on case management and policy renewal;
- Supports all absenteeism related enquiries regarding sick leave, maternity, parental and annual leave for Field and HQ staff;
- Monitors the leave registration (holidays and sickness), sends out the sick leave report to the ARBO service (currently De Witte Raaf);
- Extracts reports on annual leave from Dynamics 365 checking calculations and ensuring all employees comply with the legal annual leave requirements;
- Monitors specific cases who have entered the Dutch Sickness Act (currently executed by Robidus);
- Identifies and analyses changes in the absenteeism policies and processes liaising with the competent authorities, and maintains and updates the Absenteeism FAQ;
- Works closely with the Staff Health Advisor together with the Line Managers on specific cases of Absenteeism and Re-Integration of Office Employees;
- Checks the invoices for De Witte Raaf, Robidus and other related costs;
- Ability to organise own work
- Teamwork oriented
- Customer orientated
- Excellent communication
- Stress resistant
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A gross monthly salary scale 5 between € 2,429 and € 3,469 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment;
- Other benefits include 30 holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium-free pension plan.
Information and application
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Yvonne Prijs, Interim Deputy of HoHR via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is 12 September 2019.
- Address Artsen zonder Grenzen, Plantage Middenlaan, Amsterdam, Nederland