Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its “témoignage” and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSF’s members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
Artsen zonder Grenzen (MSF-Holland) is an Association of (former) field and office employees, with a Board keeping oversight. MSF-Holland has a partnership with MSF offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 800 international staff and employs 10,000 national staff.
With the ultimate goal to provide quality care to our beneficiaries, the Learning & Development (L&D) Department seeks to offer quality, effective and efficient support by analyzing and responding to learning and development needs of all OCA staff.
The L&D Department is looking for an enthusiastic and engaging new colleague from 1 April 2020:
Performance Management Implementer
Temporary contract for 9 months
Objective of the Position
Supporting the mission(s) with preparation, the implementation process, and continuity of the OCA Performance Management tool in collaboration with CMT and HQ according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to help the mission(s) achieve its goals effectively and ensure that MSF is a responsible employer
- Organizing information meetings with the Country Management Team in order to prepare the mission for implementation process
- Supporting HRCo and PDMs/LDM (s) in organizing information meetings/working groups with staff to explain the methodology of Performance Management.
- Leads and facilitates the delivery of Performance Management training modules in the mission for various stakeholders
- With the support of the Project Lead, HRAs, supporting the HRCo(s) in the implementation process
- Supporting Project Lead in drafting policy, recommendations for change to (working) process of Performance management – including training, tool, learning materials.
- Coordinates end of field visit for implementation evaluation including survey and debriefing, and compiles mission evaluation report for Project Lead.
- Coaching and enabling mission implementation team (HRCo and PDM/LDM) to continue to introduce Performance management in OCA field missions after the visit of the implementer.
- Advising on a proper Performance Management maintenance structure for the Mission
- Identifying and coaching mission ambassadors for change (Performance management) per mission
- Supporting missions on post implementation maintenance of Performance Management process
- Is expected to spend 70% of working time in OCA field missions.
Educated to University degree or equivalent professional level in Human Resources Management, social or human sciences, legal or with a management diploma, you will have at least two years’ experience in HR and/or L&D. Experience in the field with MSF or with a similar NGO is strongly preferred but the ability to deliver engaging learning interventions, combined with a passion for performance management and a proven track record of implementing a change process is essential. You will be a strong communicator, fluent (written and spoken) in both English and French and available to travel extensively (approximately 70%) of the time throughout the remainder of 2020. You are driven to succeed, persuasive in the face of resistance and resilient.
- People Management and Development
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
A position in a challenging, international environment;
A full time appointment for 9 months;
A salary determined on relevant professional experience within a pay range of €2,484 and €3,548 gross per month based on a full-time appointment of 40 hours per week;
Other benefits include 30 holidays per annum and a premium-free pension
Information & Application
If you are interested and would like to have additional information, please contact Melanie Lange – Melanie.Lange@amsterdam.msf.org
The closing date for this vacancy is 16 February 2020
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 24 February 2020 .
*** acquisition is not appreciated****
- Address Artsen zonder Grenzen, Plantage Middenlaan, Amsterdam, Nederland