MSF intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its “témoignage” and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSF’s members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland (MSF-Holland) is an Association of (former) field and office employees, with a Board keeping oversight. MSF-Holland has a partnership with MSF offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The Control Unit is a staff department that reports to the General Director and the Board of the association. The Controller is responsible to ensure the availability of quality data for decision making on steering and management control and for internal and external accountability and to supply expertise to the board and management on issues of governance and compliance to the principles of good governance codes, rules and regulations.
With immediate effect our Control Department is looking for an:
Internal Auditor (100%)
Based in Amsterdam
The internal auditor is based in Amsterdam and will conduct audits in the project countries. It is expected that about 4-6 field audits that on average take 10-14 days abroad, will need to be conducted in a year.
The internal auditing function within the Operational Center Amsterdam (OCA) currently consists of two staff. Within the OCA a risk based auditing model is used focusing not only on the integrity of financial reporting (including procurement procedures) but also looking into compliance with (local) laws and regulations, competence of management and the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. The principle objective of the position is to enhance the internal auditing and implement an effective audit policy for both the field as HQ functions.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic person who has a self-confident and result oriented attitude.
- Integrity and contextual awareness are key competences.
- You have auditing knowledge on academic level and have at least two years working experience with an auditing preferably in a supervisory role.
- Field (operational) experience or experience in a humanitarian organization is a preference.
- Good communication skills in the English and preferably French language are a necessity.
- Willingness and flexible to travel on short notice.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment.
- A full time appointment (based on a 40-hours work week) for one year with renewal option.
- A gross monthly salary in scale 7 with a current salary range between € 3,199 and € 4.568 depending on relevant work experience, based on a fulltime appointment.
- Other benefits include 30 holidays per annum (based on a fulltime appointment) and a premium-free pension.
- A challenging position in an ambitious team in an international organization.
For more information about this position, please contact Thijs van Buuren Controller, on + 31 20 520 8998.
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
- If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Thijs van Buuren – Controller, on + 31 20 520 8998.
- If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the our online application tool.
- Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
- Deadline for application is 19 September 2018.
- Adres Naritaweg 10, 1043 BX Amsterdam, Nederland